What Is Functional Medicine?
Most of all this area of the website is dedicated to you, our patients. We want you to learn more about your health and medical concerns, so we have created a medical knowledge database that is a glimpse into our minds. Here you will find medical conditions that we treat commonly, and you can read about the treatment options as well as potential benefits and harms. We also know that the modern patient wants to know more about their health, so we hope these articles help.
First of all, you may be wondering what functional medicine means. If you have never seen a functional medicine physician, or you want to learn more about functional medicine, you probably should read this article.
It answers especially relevant questions such as: What is Functional Medicine? Why do I need functional medicine? How is functional medicine different from conventional medicine? And do your functional medicine providers utilize prescription pharmaceuticals?
So if you are ready to learn more about the functional medicine perspective on medical conditions, you should read the articles that interest you.
- Advanced Biomarker Testing
- MTHFR Mutation
- Cardiovascular Evaluation
- Comprehensive Digestive Stool Analysis
- Genome Testing (23andMe, PureGenomics)
- Nitric Oxide Testing
- Testosterone Restoration (Men)
- Bioidentical Hormone Replacement (Women)
- Adrenal Fatigue Assessment
- Extensive Thyroid Evaluation (including Hashimoto testing)
- Growth Hormone – Sermorelin, GHRP2, and GHRP6
- Heartburn, Reflux, or GERD
- IBS (Constipation, Diarrhea, Bloating)
- Celiac Disease, Gluten Sensitivity
- Environmental Toxins and Detoxification
- Heavy Metal Toxins and Chelation Therapy
- Prolotherapy (Dextrose and Water)
- Platelet-Rich Plasma or PRP (From Blood Draw)
- Adipose Stem Cells (From Liposuction)
- Bone Marrow Stem Cells (from Bone Marrow Tap)
“Medicine is a science of uncertainty and an art of probability.”